Nothing keeps guests sheepishly coming back for seconds like grilled flank steak. This recipe is from Mitchel London, the chef du cuisine at Fairway Market.
BBQ Flank Steak
- 1 (2-pound) flank steak
- Fairway kosher salt to taste
- Fairway black pepper to taste
- BBQ sauce to taste (see recipe, below; or use Fairway BBQ Sauce in schweet, shmokey, and hawt)
- Preheat grill for 15 to 20 minutes with the lid closed.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, and let it sit for no more 30 minutes.
- Over high heat, grill steak for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for rare to medium rare.
- Place the steak on a cutting board with a juice well, and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain, and serve with barbecue sauce on the side.
For more recipes, check out the Fairway market blog.