1. Stop the presses! The special court appointed redistricting master has released her maps. Politicker reports that in the first place, the district of Rep. Gary Ackerman, D-Bayside, looks to have been combined with Rep. Carolyn McCarthy’s.
2. Rep. Bob Turner, R-Middle Village, is gone as well, in Colin Campbell's analysis.
3. There will reportedly be an Asian plurality district added to encompass centeral Queens, and Campbell projects that Ackerman may choose to run for it.
4. When the new Census figures first emerged in late 2010, Ackerman's office told Patch that the 15-term incumbent had no intention of .
5. In September, Turner told NYDN that he if his district was to be scratched out.