When it comes to trick or treating, everyone had that one neighbor: the dentist who gave out floss, the cat lady who handed out her old junk mail. We learned which houses offered up the big candy bars, and which handed out items far, far worse.
We want to know: What is the worst thing you've ever received been given on Halloween? We've got a list of ten to get you started, but we encourage you to add yours in the comments below.
1. Pennies - Seriously, folks. This is only acceptable if accompanied by “Now, don’t spend this all in one place.”
2. Airplane Peanuts or Cookies - We are beginning our descent into Cheapsville.
3. Fortune Cookies - (名) 吝嗇鬼 (That’s Chinese for “skinflint”)
4. Assorted Dust-Covered Candies from Holidays Past - In other words, don’t try to unload your uneaten Candy Canes, Chocolate Bunny Ears, Peeps and Candy Hearts.
5. A Finger.
6. Throat Lozenges or Cough Drops - There's nothing soothing about being stiffed on Halloween.
7. Business Card - Unacceptable, even if you just picked it up from the printer.
8. Anything from the Fridge - Candy corn works. Canned corn, not so much.
9. Pop Rocks - Let's not forget little Mikey.
10. An I.O.U. – It might be a better idea just to turn off your porch lights and not answer the door.