3 tablespoons unsalted butter
6 oz can of lump crab meat
1/2 pound of chopped shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 small sweet onion (minced)
2 tablespoons minced celery
2 bunches of finely chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon ground dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3 cloves of chopped garlic
5 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce
3/4 cup saltine crackers (crushed)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 8-ounce flounder fillets, skin and bones removed
2 lemons, sliced into wedges
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Melt butter in a small sauce pan.
3. Mix crab meat, shrimp, egg white, 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, spices, onion, celery, and almost all of the chopped parsley, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt, pepper and crushed saltines in a large bowl.
4. Brush both sides of the flounder fillets with melted butter.
5. Place flounder in a greased baking dish.
6. Spoon shrimp and crab mixture over the fillets, drizzling any remaining melted butter.
7. Roll flounder fillets around shrimp-crab stuffing.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
9. While the fish is baking, lightly beat egg yolk in a small bowl with 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
10. Brush egg yolk and mayo mixture on the outside of the flounder as it cooks.
11. Remove fish from the oven, sprinkle with paprika and remaining parsley.
12. Place flounder back in the oven and cook until fillets are nice and brown.
13. Plate and serve with lemon wedges.