Everyone loves a good garage sale.
At least, that's what the Douglaston Manor Environmental Association hopes will be the case later this morning as this year's kicks off in front of homes around the neighborhood.
Shoppers can find "treasure maps" at Station Realty or the Douglaston Market. All proceeds for this second annual event will go toward beautifying the landscape of Douglaston Manor.
Happy hunting, folks!
Here are your 5 Things for this weekend:
1. Look out for our story on reaction among members of the area's Jewish community to news this week of an alleged plot by two Queens suspects to blow up synagogues in Manhattan.
2. will speak at Little Neck Jewish Center on Sunday about her book, Prelude in Black and Green, about the atmosphere of increasing anti-Semitism in 1930s Romania.
3. The Queens Biathalon at Alley Pond Park kicks and pedals-off at 7:30 Sunday morning. For event details, visit the New York Triathalon website here.
4. In case you missed it: on state Sen. Tony Avella's first Town Hall-style meeting on Thursday since taking office in January.
5. Let the to the Little Neck-Douglaston Memorial Parade begin. As we get ever closer to the big day on May 30, look for continuing coverage on Little Neck Patch.