Good morning, Little Neck. Early this morning brought word of the end of St. John's playoff hopes, with the Red Storm falling 86-71 after trailing much of the game against the Gonzaga Bulldogs in the first round in Denver.
As we wrote in , this morning's loss was a bit of history repeating itself — as well as a small victory for this leading citizen's NCAA playoff bracket.
Here are your 5 Things for today, March 18:
1. Mayor Michael Bloomberg will travel to East Islip today to speak at the funeral of fallen NYPD officer , who was killed by a domestic violence suspect at Brooklyn apartment building.
2. Miss the parade yesterday? Check out these pics posted by New York's Bravest.
3. Purim festivities in Little Neck and around the world begin midnight Saturday with the reading of the Book of Esther, fasting and, for some, a chance to 'break-it-down' in this undeniably creative YouTube video (hat-tip to for the link).
4. Looking to get your own groove back? Check out our for ways to get — and stay — active.
5. Now that there's a five to six week waiting list to get the iPad2, the Huff Post has this list of the worst places to get the highly coveted electronic device.