Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Yes, you can do the standard things most lovers do on this day. Or, you can show your more romantic side by cooking up something special for your loved one.
Homemade gifts and home-cooked meals always go over well on this day as it shows effort and comes straight from the heart.
Here's a perfect food item to surprise your loved one with as soon as they come home from work: Homemade chocolate-covered strawberries! Watch the look of love and surprise fill their eyes when they see you've taken the time to be spontaneous and romantic.
Men, this recipe is especially for you, because it is simple. And let's face it, what woman does not love being hand-fed strawberries dipped in chocolate?
Have fun, and Happy Valentine's Day!
Recipe yields 3 cups (24 strawberries)
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
- Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
- Turn the strawberries upside down and place them on a sheet of wax paper for the chocolate to cool.
This is the simplest version of chocolate covered strawberries I know. White chocolate may be drizzled over the milk chocolate for a fancier look.
*Recipe from allrecipes.com