There are plenty of activities and events taking place this weekend in Douglaston. But the following five items below are not among them.
Here are the 5 Things You CAN’T Do in the Neighborhood This Weekend:
1. Set off fireworks. It is against city law to buy, sell or set of fireworks. The good news is that there are several Independence Day firework shows in Queens. Stop by the site tomorrow for our preview of Fourth of July events taking place in the borough this weekend.
2. Take part in a pub crawl. and are hot spots along 235th Street. But, unless you feel like walking to Bayside or Little Neck, an evening of bar-hopping might not be in the cards.
3. See a midnight movie. The last screenings of the evening at Douglaston’s are “Cars 2” and “Bad Teacher” at 11:20 p.m.
4. Take a dip in the pool – that is, unless you own one. The Douglas Manor Beach is private and ’s pool is for members only. Click here to read our story about the city's pools opening for the summer.
5. Search for a new apartment. Most of the neighborhood’s realtors are not holding open houses during the Fourth of July weekend.
To find events in the neighborhood, check Douglaston Patch’s calendar or take a look at Get Out: Weekend Planner.