Good morning, Douglaston.
Project HEAL, a Douglaston-based group that helps people with eating disorders, is hosting a fundraiser brunch on Oct. 23. Be sure to read on the event.
This coming weekend, the Community Church of Douglaston and the Little Neck Douglaston Historical Society will host a tour of the church's renovated cottage. Be sure to stop by for tours of the home and the church's gardens as well as refreshments.
Today, Douglaston Patch will post two weekly columns: Day Tripper, which profiles a neighborhood in the five boroughs, and House Hunt, which includes information on upcoming open houses.
Here are 5 Things You Need to Know Today:
1. Read our on the Community Church of Douglaston's event, which is being held on Saturday.
2. This morning, drop by the site for Day Tripper and, at noon, for House Hunt.
3. Those interested in taking part in Project HEAL's Oct. 23 brunch should for more details on how to make a reservation.
4. Check out NY 1's story on FEMA's decision to give $10 million to city residents affected by Hurricane Irene's visit in August.
5. There will be a at 9 a.m. in Cunningham Park today.