Good morning, Douglaston.
In case you haven't already seen it, be sure to read our story about state Assemblyman Edward Braunstein's, D-Bayside, bill that would require colleges and universities to report violent incidents to the police within 24 hours of their occurrence.
The legislation follows in the wake of the recent Penn State scandal. Click on our link below.
On Wednesday, Fairway Market will debut at the Douglaston Shopping Plaza. Mayor Michael Bloomberg is among the guests expected to attend. Stop by the site tomorrow for our preview and drop back by Wednesday for our coverage of the store's opening.
Today, we will post Walter Mugdan's column, The Conservation Conversation, as well as This Week at the Movies. Reviews will include Clint Eastwood's "J. Edgar" and Lars Von Trier's "Melancholia."
Here are 5 Things You Need to Know Today:
1. Read on Braunstein's bill.
2. This morning, check out the latest edition of The Conservation Conversation as well as This Week at the Movies.
3. Tomorrow, take a look at our preview of Fairway's debut and, on Wednesday, read our coverage of opening day.
4. The Douglaston Little Neck Public Library will offer its club today.
5. At 6 p.m., the Bayside Public Library will host a .