Happy Columbus Day, Douglaston.
Today, we will post a brief preview of a program hosted by the Community Church of Douglaston and St. Anastasia Church that will instruct participants on how to deal with the death of a loved one.
This morning, be sure to read This Week at the Movies for reviews of two new films - George Clooney's "The Ides of March" and "Weekend," an independent British film.
And remember, later this week the Community Church and the Douglaston Little Neck Historical Society will host a tour of "The Cottage." Click on our link listed below.
Here are 5 Things You Need to Know Today:
1. Drop by the site for our preview of the "end of life" program that will be hosted by the Community Church and St. Anastasia.
2. Later this week, drop by the tour of "" and then read Patch's coverage of the event.
3. Check out This Week at the Movies for reviews of "The Ides of March" and "Weekend."
4. Tomorrow, stop by the site to read about "Sleep No More," an entrancing theater piece inspired by "Macbeth" that is held in an abandoned Chelsea hotel from the 1940s.
5. The Douglaston Little Neck Library is hosting its today at 4 p.m.