Good morning, Douglaston.
During its first meeting of the year on Tuesday evening, discussed the from Northern Boulevard and Douglaston Parkway.
U.S. Rep. Bob Turner, R-Forest Hills, also paid a visit to the board and set off a debate on hydrofracking. Click on the link below to read Patch’s coverage of the meeting.
This morning, drop back by the site for our piece on the ’s January show, which exhibits work by the gallery’s students.
And keep an eye out for this week’s Day Tripper column, which will profile Brooklyn Heights, and House Hunt, which includes open houses in the community.
Here are 5 Things You Need to Know Today:
1. Read about , during which the Northern Boulevard bus stop and hydrofracking were discussed.
2. At 9 a.m., drop back by to read about the National Art League’s new show.
3. Then, stop by the site at 10 a.m. for Get Out: Weekend Planner, 10:30 a.m. for Day Tripper and noon for House Hunt.
4. Today, Douglaston’s Fairway Market will earned between 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. to , a city police officer who was fatally shot while responding to a Brooklyn robbery.
5. Drop by The Attic Bar and Lounge this evening for .