Good morning, Douglaston, and get out your umbrellas.
It's going to be rainy for the next three days, according to the weather forecast. Thanksgiving will be clear, but chilly.
The Little Neck-Douglaston Lions Club honored several northeast Queens community activists, including Udalls Cove Preservation Committee President Walter Mugdan, during a ceremony last night. Stop by the site later today for our coverage of the event.
And stop back by the site later this morning for This Week at the Movies. Reviews will include tween sensation "Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part I," Alexander Payne's sure-to-be Oscar contender "The Descendants" and the bleak British film "Tyrannosaur."
Also, keep an eye out for Patch's preview of the Dick Lynch Turkey Trot, which will be held in Douglas Manor on Thursday.
Here are 5 Things You Need to Know Today:
1. Drop by later this morning for This Week at the Movies.
2. This afternoon, we will post our story on last night's Lions Club awards ceremony.
3. Keep an eye out for our preview as well as a list of local shopping center that will honor Black Friday.
4. The Douglaston Little Neck Library will host its today at 4 p.m.
5. We'd love to hear what Douglaston residents think of the recently opened . Has it lived up to expectations?