There are so many participants in this year’s Discover Queens Restaurant Week that the eighth annual culinary event will take place over eight days.
Northeast Queens residents have more than two dozen reasons to cheer…and eat out.
On Sept. 19-22 and again on Sept. 26-29, a total of 98 establishments -- spread out over roughly 30 Queens neighborhoods – will offer specials. Three-course, prix fixe meals for $25 are the most common promotion, but some restaurants have other deals.
In northeast Queens, 28 local eateries – serving everything from Mexican to Italian to Asian cuisines -- will be part of the fun.
The following is an alphabetical list of the local participants:
- Bourbon Street, 40-12 Bell Blvd., 718-224-2200, Cajun-American;
- Buddy’s Deli, 215-01 73rd Ave., 718-631-2110, Kosher;
- Cascarino's Brick Over Pizzeria, 39-17 Bell Blvd., 718-229-7433, Italian;
- , 248-25 Northern Blvd., 718-352-9300, Italian;
- Donovan's of Bayside, 214-16 41st Ave., 718-423-5353, American Grill;
- Fino Wine & Tapas, 39-13 Bell Blvd., 718-229-1330, European Tapas;
- Fontana Famous Gyros, 200-02 Northern Blvd., 718-631-0149, Famous Gyros;
- Giardino, 44-37 Douglaston Parkway, 718-428-1090, Italian
- Joe's Famous Pizzeria, 61-09 Springfield Blvd., 718-224-2209, Neighborhood Pizza;
- , 253-24 Northern Blvd., 718-224-7657, Italian;
- 255-09 Northern Blvd., 718-428-1461, French
- Laterna Family Restaurant, 47-20 Bell Blvd., 718-423-1245, Mediterranean;
- Mama Lina's, 78-37D Springfield Blvd., 718-479-6155, Italian;
- Mama's Pizza & Restaurant, 47-40 Bell Blvd., 718-279-0808, Family Recipes;
- Maria's, 38-11 Bell Blvd., 718-279-1606, Greek;
- Mekong East, 43-13 Bell Blvd., 718-357-6860, Asian;
- Papazzio, 39-38 Bell Blvd., 718-229-1962, Italian;
- Pier 25A, 215-16 Northern Blvd., 718-423-6395, Seafood;
- Plum Restaurant, Bar & Lounge, 47-39 Bell Blvd., 718-229-7586, Greek;
- Tanko, 38-05 Bell Blvd., 718-631-1188, Asian;
- Tequila Sunrise of Bayside, 34-37 Bell Blvd., 718-631-0377, Mexican;
- Tony Roma's, 210-35 26th Ave., 718-224-8669, BBQ Ribs/Steak/Seafood;
- Valentino's On The Green, 201-10 Cross Island Pkwy., Italian; and
- Villa Rustica, 73-28 Bell Blvd., 718-479-5410, Italian.
For a borough-wide list of Discover Queens Restaurant Week participants, go to www.discoverqueens.info/restaurantweek.
Rob MacKay has been a freelance contributor to Patch for more than one year. He also works as the director of public relations for the Queens Economic Development Corporation, a co-sponsor of Discover Queens Restaurant Week.