Hello, Bayside! Spring weather is rolling in. Time to put away your cold weather gear and begin planting for summer harvest. In the mean time, many of us are celebrating Easter and Passover. Fortunately, no matter what you observe, a clear forecast is in store for all of us this weekend. So, before leaving for work with the sun on your shoulders, say hello to a neighbor, give the friendly wave, or be daring and talk about something going on in the ‘nabe. Breezing through Today’s Five Things will surely give you the edge in the delicate art of conversation.
Here, for example, are your Five Things:
1. Being on time is the polite thing to do. If you're anything like me, not only am I on time, I’m ten minutes early. In a perfect world, we’re all on time, but life is hectic. Therefore, in light of religious observances this week, I’ve prepared a to get you to your house of worship on time.
2. Water bills have gone up. A hearing will be held in Flushing. You can enter the debate and finally ask the tough questions on your mind like, is this a profit-maximizing scheme against the middle class? You can leave anonymous posts too. Nathan Duke reports.
3. has some great ideas for activities with the kids this weekend. Check out the new art display at Fort Totten. I mean, what kid wouldn’t want to visit a place called ?
4. Prom culture is fascinating. With graduation season approaching, so will the fun, excitement, and mystery of Prom night. You can read all about the great Prom debate and don’t forget to share your experience.
5. Is your fridge empty? Shopping for food in Bayside is quick and easy. “It's for the staples”, as my Mom used to say when referring to basics. Then to the for cold cuts and olives. For dessert bring home a pint of cannoli ice cream from . And if all else fails, check out the weekly deals of , it’s open 24 hours.