Greetings, Patch readers.
I don’t know about you, but despite my best intentions, the past few weeks of summer have been a proverbial gorge fest on junk food.
I don’t know if it’s the laziness that comes with summer or the prevalence of warm weather fattening foods (nachos, tacos and burgers being among my chief offenders), but I decided the other day that it’s time to rein it in.
I stumbled across this recipe for Grilled Salmon with Balsamic Onions and decided that it was a good gateway recipe down the road to healthy eating.
Grilled Salmon with Balsamic Onions (Source: Food.com)
4 salmon fillets
1 tablespoon olive oil, for brushing the fillets
1 lemon, juiced
1 large purple onion, sliced thin
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions1. Brush salmon with one tablespoon olive oil.
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Squeeze lemon over salmon.
4. Grill for eight to 12 minutes, turning once.
5. Meanwhile, put one tablespoons olive oil in non-stick pan. Add onions and cook on low heat until they begin to caramelize, about 15 minutes. When ready to serve, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and heat through.
6. To serve, top salmon with onions.