Greetings, Bayside! Don't let the rain get you down today. Above the clouds, the sun is shining and people are buzzing about the streets.
This vitality of life reminds me of a few wise words from my old college professor, “When people come and go, it means eyes are constantly on the street and this is what what makes neighborhoods safe. People looking out for other people.”
I didn’t realize it then, but my professor was right on point.
So on this dreary day, take the opportunity to exchange contact information with that neighbor you see everyday but don't speak to. And if need be, use today’s 5 Things to find some common ground.
Have a great weekend Bayside. Happy Easter.
Here are your 5 Things You Need To Know Today:
1. A Bayside man was arrested in an alleged robbery in Great Neck. You can read all about it .
2. Are you a lonely fish in a big pond? Patch columnist Yael Morowati is our resident clairvoyant. Read her celestial advice to a
3. Rescue a puppy today. The Queens/Nassau animal rescue organization has many puppies and young dogs for adoption. Who can say no to a face like
4. Congressman Gary Ackerman crusades against a sweet heart bill for the Tea Party. “The Arizona GOP sponsored a bill that mandates that $17 out of every $25 annual plate fee must go to a fund that a state committee would use to promote the Tea Party’s principles,” according to a report by Nathan Duke.
5. Saturday night means nightlife on Bell Blvd. Begin the evening with tantalizing tapas at , then mosey on down to for sweet frozen daiquiris. On your way up, don’t forget to hit up the dance floor at . Finally, unwind with a frosty brew and some good friends over a game of classic billiards at