Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened
Greetings, Little Neck! As your Guest-editor this past month, I’ve got to meet some new friends and discover new places.
Together, we rediscovered the ancient pay phones dotting the landscape. We marched in the Memorial day parade, witnessed the downfall of a Congressman, and most recently we’ve discovered hidden talents of the neighborhood that has inspired a bill to become law.
Your new Editor, Lauren Evans, will be taking over the reigns Monday morning. In the meantime, don’t worry about a thing because I won’t be far, I will be going back to my home Patch in Bayside.
Feel free to friend request me, or shoot over an email. I promise not to send you any lewd photos via Twitter.
So if we meet again, then we'll smile. And if not, then this parting was well made.
Five Things you need to know today:
1. Little Neck activist, Rachel Mayo
2. While Mayor Bloomberg announced free Wi-Fi in parks, he only meant Flushing Meadows Corona Park, which is 12 miles from any point in Little Neck. Luckily Patch comes to the rescue with all the hotspots offering Check it out there are a few surprises.
3. Great carnivals are in town. Find out
4. Alley Pond Park will honor cancer survivors with a relay and many other events for an . Registration is this afternoon at 3pm. Be sure to check it out and help spread the world.
5. Astrology zone. Can a lady Virgo pair well with a male Sagittarius? I’m not sure, but Patch clairvoyant Yael Morowati does.