The solidity and sheen of the knolls of ice everywhere is striking. Aside from a reminder to look down for ice as you walk from place to place today, here are five things you need to know:
1. Alternate side of the street parking is suspended because of the incredible layer of ice encasing the city. You must feed the meter though.
2. Speaking of sites, if you like gore, or photography, or both, you can check out Contributor James of this week's blood drive at .
3. Yesterday marked the beginning of the Chinese zodiac's "Year of the Rabbit." The first baby born in Queens at New York Hospital during the Year of the Rabbit, was an Ozone Park baby born at 3:08 a.m. Congrats to the family!
4. in Bay Terrace is to go the bird. Check out , and check back in to Patch for more information and updates on what's next to come to the shopping center.
5. If you're plotting where to watch the Super Bowl with company, we've got.