1. A man's left thumb was bitten by another man inside Conga's on Bell Blvd, reports the Bayside Times. The alleged thumb biter is a Ridgewood man who is reportedly being charged by the Queens DA with assault and harassment.
2. Is this an isolated case, or is it becoming harder and harder to receive certain social services of late? A 69-year-old cancer survivor who says she han hardly walk a few steps without pain was denied Access-A-Ride transportation services, reports NYP. She had been permitted to use the service, but reportedly was told by the MTA that she was "functionally capable" of taking mass transit.
At least they didn't tell her to .
3. Speaking of transportaion agencies, the Post also reported today that taxpayers are subsidizing $400,000 salaries of workers (reportedly with mob ties) who claim to be pulling in the executive salaries by working 24 hours a day, seven days per week, at a rate of $36 per hour.
4. We know St. Patty's Day is coming, and its , Purim is coming even sooner on March 7-8. But did you know that , an Indian and Southeast Asian spring festival, is also happening on March 8th?
One celebrates this holiday by blowing on others. A Patch user uploaded an announcement about a celebration .
5. Assemblyman David Weprin warned viewers of a PIX 11 News broadcast last night that certain gas stations are taking advantage of the fast-rising cost of gas, by overcharging. He is reportedly introducing legislation to to post the contact information of the NYS Consumer Protection Board near their pumps.