1. Mayor Bloomberg called the late Steve Jobs "...a genius who will be remembered with Edison and Einstein,"and said his work is "reshaping the face of civilization." Bloomberg also said everyone from street construction inspectors to NYPD detectives have harnessed Apple to do their jobs.
2. Some media took a baton to the gut at Occupy Wall Street last night. [NYDN]
3. Still other media was pepper sprayed. [Fox NY]
4. Meanwhile, NYC is not complying with the Freedom of Information Law; A request by the NY Post for an accounting of Deputy Mayor Patti Harris' work hours has been blown off.
5. Non-compliance will FOIL is actually pretty common. City agencies, and municipalities tend to blow it off because there is no supervisory agency ensuring that public records are made available to the public—only an advisory committee that has no legal power.