Good morning, Bayside. I've got a lot of links for you today. Read up:
1. In one of the saddest stories I've ever read, Fox reports that a five-year-old girl drowned a toddler who wouldn't stop crying in Missouri. Both were under the care of a mentally challenged teenager. Now the five-year-old is to face uncertain consequences.
2. Free wireless internet is coming to 19 city parks, but none of those are in Bayside. The closest will be Flushing Meadows Corona Park, reports NYT City Room.
3. Avert your eyes: this Saturday is the World Naked Bike Ride in Brooklyn. The riders may or may not cruise through the Hasidic section of Williamsburg, which has been home to the culture clash known as the "Clash of the Bearded Ones" between Hasids, and bike-riding hipsters. As you may take away from the NY Magazine story, Bayside Patch is deeply involved in both groups—though I don't believe he'll be participating on Saturday.
4. Student accountant Tom Meara, who organized yesterday's phone-a-thon to save Engine 306, explains why the firehouse closure list is to the city's budget crises.
5. Check out houses that are on the local Bayside .