The official start of summer has begun, so here are five things you need to know this weekend:
1. Beaches are open! The New York City Department of Parks & Recreation maintains 14 miles of beaches within NYC, and Memorial Day weekend kicks off the summer season through Labor Day.
2. Pool clubs are also open! Looking for a more local way to get cool this weekend? Bayside pool clubs open their gates on Saturday as well. It’s not too late to join the and
3. If you want weekend fun out of the sun, then you will be happy to know that the is in town.
4. Not in the mood for a barbecue? Great Neck Plaza is celebrating its .
5. Don’t forget to remember the real reason we don’t have to work on Monday: it’s to pay tribute to the men and women who gave their lives to protect our country. Attending the is a great way to do just that.